1) It's free to register for an ORCID identifier and the registration takes only 30 seconds.
2) After the registration, you will be given a 16-digit ORCID identifier.
3) You can add your personal and professional information such as biography, education, employment, funding, and works to your record.
There are many ways to sign in to the ORCID registry. You don't have to remember another ORCID password when you login to your ORCID record using "Access through your Institution."
Login to ORCID:
1. Go to https://orcid.org/signin
2. Select "Access through your Institution"
3. Enter "Stony Brook University"
4. Enter your NetID and password
Stony Brook University is an ORCID member. You will be able to connect your new or existing ORCID iD to Stony Brook University. This will allows Stony Brook University to integrate your ORCID record with various institutional systems.
Library Administration: 631.632.7100
Except where otherwise noted, this work by SBU Libraries is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.