1. Have your ORCID account set-up with publications and other information as you choose.
2. Go to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov (or to PubMed)
3. You will see "Sign in to NCBI" on the top right corner.
4. Select a method to sign in. If you don't have an NCBI Account, register for one.
5. If you sign in directly to NCBI, you will see your username on the top right corner.
6. Click on your username.
7. Use the Change button under Linked Accounts to add your ORCID account.
8. Click on "Change" and then search for ORCID.
9. Select it, enter your ORCID username and password, and authorize it. Then you should see your ORCID account listed in your Linked Accounts.
10. Log out of NCBI
11. Log back into NCBI but use your ORCID account to do so. From the "Sign In" page, click on "See more 3rd party sign in options."
12. Search for ORCID in the list.
13 Click on ORCID and it will take you to ORCID. Select, "Sign In."
14. Enter your ORCID email and password.
15. When that's done, you'll be logged in to My NCBI and returned to the NCBI account.
16. Click on "My NCBI" in the top right corner.
You are ready to go to SciENcv.
1. On the My NCBI main page, scroll down to find SciENcv at the bottom right. If you haven't used SciENcv before, it will be a small box that gives you a link to create a profile. If you've used it before, it will show links to biosketches you've already created. Click to create a profile or on "Manage SciENcv" and then on "Create A New Profile."
2. Click on the tab for "From an external source."
3. Fill in the form:
1. Give your biosketch a name
2. Select type of profile
3. Choose ORCID from the "external source" dropdown menu.
4. Click on "Create"
4. It will automatically pull from ORCID to populate your new biosketch. This may take a couple of minutes.
5. Scroll down to find the section on Peer-reviewed publications or References - the name of the section will be different for different Biosketch Formats
6. Click on "edit this section" or "Show/hide entries." Then click on the ORCID tab. Select the articles you want displayed in this biosketch. You will also have the option of selecting from your My Bibliography as well. Once you have checked the ones you want, click on "Done."
7. The articles you selected should then appear in Section C. You can edit what appears there using the "Show/hide entries" option.
8. The more you fill in your ORCID profile, the more you will be able to pull automatically into SciENcv when you create a biosketch.
Library Administration: 631.632.7100
Except where otherwise noted, this work by SBU Libraries is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.