Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Use ORCiD?
- Offers a unique author identifier that is widely used and recognized
- Some pay-for-use databases (WoS, Scopus) have AuIDs for the articles they index only
- Others like Google Scholar, ResearchGate, PubMed don’t have AuIDs
- Allows an author to easily collect ALL their publications from multiple sources
- WoS, Scopus, PubMed only have their specific set of indexed journals
- Google Scholar, ResearchGate do this but don’t meet criteria 1 or 3
- Can be imported directly into NIH/NSF’s SciENcv Biosketches NOW
- No other external, non-government funding agency sources available
- This may change in the future, but right now, ORCiD is the only option.
What is ORCID
Additional ORCID Videos and Presentations: