The National Library of Medicine has created a new version of PubMed, which has several different features and functionalities from the "legacy" version. As of May 15, 2020 this new version is the default, and eventually the legacy version will be retired. This research guide is designed to help both new users and users of the legacy version of PubMed to navigate the new interface.
Some of the features specific to the new version are:
1) A newly designed interface.
2) Improved display on mobile devices.
3) Pre-formatted citations in a variety of citation styles.
4) Links to corresponding data sets.
5) The use of artificial intelligence when delivering search results.
Library Administration: 631.632.7100
Except where otherwise noted, this work by SBU Libraries is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.