The Music Library's circulation policies are fairly consistent with those of the Melville Library's Main Circulation Services Department. However, several collections, including music reference, reserve, collected editions, periodicals, audiovisual and CD-ROMs are categorized as "non-circulating" and may be used only in the Music Library.
The Music Library’s Loan Policies for Sound Recordings, Video Recordings, And Reserve Materials
- Sound recordings and video recordings may be charged (with ID) and used in the Music Library for up to 3 hours
- Sound recordings, video recordings and all other materials on reserve for a class may be charged (with ID) and used in the Music Library for up to 4 hours
- Music professors and TAs preparing for a class may charge sound recordings and/or video recordings (with ID) for up to 3 days. 3 day-loans of these items are due at 5 pm on the 3rd day.
- TAs from departments other than Music must provide
a letter from the department secretary or the professor they are assisting which verifies their status.
- All other patrons may NOT leave the Music Library with sound recordings, video recordings or reserve materials
OVERDUE FINES are $.02 per minute for all patrons!