Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access: SUNY Korea
This guide can help you access Stony Brook's online library resources.
Ask a Librarian
If you're having trouble finding material for your paper, take advantage of the Library's Research Assistance.
Contact information is on the right side of this page. Send one of us an email if you need assistance.
Chat online. Use the Ask Us buttons on the right side of this page and and on other pages throughout the Library web site.
Email a question. We’ll respond within 24 hours.
Search our online knowledgebase, and submit a question of your own.
Accessing Online Resources
SUNY Korea faculty and students have access to all University Libraries online resources, including the library catalog, research databases, and eJournals. Use this and other research and subject guides for access to these and other resources.
When you click on a link to a library resource an authentication page will open.
When prompted for a username and password after clicking on a resource title, use your Stony Brook NetID and password.
- If you don't know what your NetID and password are, check your SOLAR account. Log into SOLAR using your Stony Brook ID number and SOLAR password. (If you don't have a SOLAR password, follow the information on the SOLAR entry page to get one.)
- Once you're logged into SOLAR, go to the "NetID information" section and select the options to view your NetID and to set your NetID password.
- See the Division of Information Technology Web site for more information about NetID.
For more information, see our Remote Access page.
Using This Guide
Use the tabs above to navigate the site.
- Find Articles - A list of databases where you can get scholarly, peer-reviewed, popular, and news articles on your research topic.
- Where Can I Find...? Where to look for the type of information you need.
- What Do I Do When...? Ways to resolve various search problems.
- Citation - Explore tools and sites that offer help with handling citation.
- Plagiarism - Make sure you understand the issues involved including examples of good and bad paraphrasing.
- Ask-A-Librarian - Get in touch with a librarian for research help.