Library Workshops - Fall 2014
- The libraries' free workshops are available throughout the semester and open to students, faculty and staff improve their research skills.
- Click on the tabs above or the links below to see what workshops are currently being offered in each category.
- If you cannot attend a workshop for which you have registered, please contact us at 632-7110, or email email@example.com to cancel.
Openings are filled on a first come, first served basis.
Workshops may be cancelled if there are less than 5 participants registered. Registrants will be notified by email if a workshop is cancelled.
- More workshops for faculty are available from the Faculty Center.
Course Specific Library Instruction Sessions
If you are interested in having a library session to meet course-specific instructional needs, please fill out our online request form. Library instruction sessions cover topics such as:
- Discipline specific databases (LION, Mintel, PsycInfo, Reaxys, SciFinder, etc.)
- What is/how to find peer-reviewed material
- Evaluating Internet resources
- Primary sources
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops take place in classroom A in the Central Reading Room on the 1st floor of the Melville Library on the West Campus.
Some workshops are also offered onlineor at the Health Sciences Center. Please be sure to check the location.
Unless otherwise noted all workshops last about one hour.
The duration of EndNote workshops are usually one and a half hours.
Stony Brook University
Get Your Read On!