Anastasia is the Cataloging & Metadata librarian. She can help you with finding sources for research and class assignments, or refer you to another librarian expert. She can also teach class sessions on evaluating information sources, ethically using information sources (including copyright and citation issues), database demos, and more.
- MS, Library and Information Science, St. John's University
- BA, East Asian Studies, Wesleyan University
Selected Publications, Presentations & Service:
- Ballinger, L., Chiu, A., & Karl, B. (2017, October). Providing quality rights metadata for digital collections through RightsStatements.org. Pennsylvania Libraries: Research & Practice 5(2).
- Chiu, A. (2015). Collaborative Curriculum Review Project: Documentarians report. CUNY Academic Works. http://academicworks.cuny.edu/oaa_pubs/1/
- Speaking the Same Language: Approaches to Training Non-Archivsts and Archivists-in-Training; panel presentation (with J. Lydon, C. Smerz, J. Olszak, & J. DiLullo). Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (Spring 2017).
- Conference Presentation Guidelines and Review Service; poster presentation (with T. Malone, L. Rutledge, J. Szempruch, & A. Tillman). American Library Association Annual Conference (2017).
- No Room in the Library: the Ethics of Diversity; panel presentation (with L. Garcia-Febo, S. Ahmed, & J. Sowder). American Library Association Annual Conference (2016).
- K-12 Praxis in Academic Library Instruction; poster presentation (with F. Ettarh) LOEX Conference (2016).
- Open-Access Primary Resources from the UN; oral presentation. Metropolitan New York Library Council OPEN SIG Meeting (Spring 2015).
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) Board of Directors, intern. (July 2017 - present)
- #critlib (http://critlib.org/), administrative team member. (October 2016 - present)
- Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA) Communications & Media Committee, Newsletter Book Review Editor. (July 2016 - present)
- ALCTS Publications Committee, general member. (June 2016 - present)
- ALCTS Exchange Working Group, appointed member. (February 2016 - May 2017)
- ALCTS Publications Committee, intern. (June 2015 - June 2016)